Puffed Brown Rice Salad
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 chilli finely chopped
- 1 red onion very finely chopped
- 1/2 cup peanuts or almonds chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups Good Morning Rice Puffs
- 1 handful of chopped coriander
- 1 tbs of peanut or coconut oil
- 1 – 2 tbs chutney
- Heat the oil in a wok and add the dry spices, quickly followed by the chilli and onion, taking care not to burn.
- Add the nuts and coconut and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the Rice Puffs stir well while cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Add dollops of the chutney and mix well.
- Take off the heat and add the coriander and it is ready to serve.
Total prep time 10 minutes. Makes 4 servings.Download Recipe Card
This recipe is based on a traditional Indian dish and makes a great accompaniment to curries or lamb and chicken dishes.